Sunday, January 16, 2011

Packing

Well, here we go...  I have the car cleaned & packed, Skype set up on Mom's laptop, and the house ready for Mom to move in for 3 weeks.  I hope we have everything we need- I've been told babies don't need much over the first couple of weeks.  Nobody at the fire station, police station, or ambulance district is around over the holiday weekend, so I guess I'll have to wait and get the car seat installed when we get to LA.  We rented a cute 1-bedroom cottage in San Pedro 2 blocks from Cabrillo Beach (the weather is sunny & in the 70's all week, gotta love Cali!) Go to http://www.vrbo.com/150129 to see pictures.  The owner, Margie, is so cute, when she found out we were adopting, she took $100 and the cleaning fee off our bill!

Our plan now is to leave 3AM Tuesday morning, arriving in San Pedro Tuesday evening.  When Lindora (our birth mom) goes into labor, we will spend the night at California Hospital in downtown LA, until the baby is released.  (Lindora wants us in the delivery room, hooray!) Then we will be able to take the baby back to San Pedro.  The parental rights relinquishment will be final 2 days after the birth.  Then we wait until the interstate compact paperwork is processed, about 10 days, and some blood tests for the baby come back.  All in all, we should be there for about 2 weeks after the birth.  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!

Right now Jeff is working his tail off to finish wiring a 5000 sq ft addition in Lake Creek.  Hopefully he will finish by tomorrow so we can leave on schedule.  I've learned not to do too much planning.  As my mother-in-law Jan says, "If you really want to give God a laugh, tell him your plans."  Good advice for a chronic planner!

Until California,
Peyton

No comments:

Post a Comment