Saturday, January 22, 2011

The System and the Variety of Ethnic TV

I woke up in a panic yesterday morning with the realization that our baby mama has not seen a doctor in about 3 weeks.  She had appointments at a clinic that was chosen based upon their willingness to provide Lindora with transportation. But, for reasons unknown to me (and Lindora) they have cancelled every appointment that she has had over the past 2 weeks.  So we resolved to get her in to see a health care professional of any type (at this point we weren't going to be picky) to at least get a pelvic exam.  (Bobby Brown, where are you when we need you?)

After 9 hours (nope, not an exaggeration) we left the hospital with the knowledge and relief that the heartbeat is strong, the amniotic fluid is plentiful, the baby is between 7-1/2 and 8 pounds, and two ultrasound pictures, one showing the sex parts.  My sweet husband said it was OK for me to know the sex, but even if the tech did not tell me, the sex parts were the only body parts I recognized on the ultrasound.  So Jeff does not know the sex, but Lindora and I do.  And no, you may not know either, not before my precious husband.  Which is tricky, because we have to really watch our pronoun usage around Jeff.

So, what was Jeff doing while Lindora and I were at the hospital?  He was cruising around downtown LA with 2 black kids in tow.  Take a moment to visualize this.  I can't say enough good things about these boys.  Dwaun holds Dylan's hand, changes his diapers, and make sure he eats enough lunch, all without complaint.  Dylan never fusses and is happy to walk or be carried.  He's just happy!  I wish I could be more like Dylan.  These boys think Jeff hung the moon, and so do I.

After leaving the hospital, we went grocery shopping to lay in some supplies at Lindora's so there would be enough to eat for the kids when her friend comes to stay with the boys when she goes into labor. 

I love the melting pot around here.  In our little neighborhood, there is a Mexican burrito restaurant, a Lebanese cafe, a Moroccan restaurant, Korean bbq, and an American diner.  Did you know that there is an Asian home shopping network?  That one is really fun to watch.  There is one station that has a "frozen" picture of an interview that has been up for 3 days now. Jeff likes to do voiceover for that channel as if it is TV8-  "And how are the ski conditions today, Tricia?"  "3 new inches in Vail, 5 in Beaver Creek, powder and packed powder conditions..."  And of course there's BET. 

Off to do some whale watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment