Monday, January 24, 2011

Waiting

Right now I am sitting in the clinic waiting for Lindora to finish up her appointment. I have resigned myself to the fact that God is laughing his head off as he teaches me patience. We have waited for 2 years to have a baby, what's a couple more days, right?

When our first birth mom backed out, everyone said, "This happened for a reason." I knew that to be true, but I also knew that I may never know the reason. Now we know. The past week that we have spent with Lindora and her family has been a priceless experience for us. When the baby grows up and asks us about her birth mother, we will be able to tell him or her all about the strong, amazing, loving Lindora, and the mature and peaceful Dwaun, and the full of life, happy Dylan.

After Lindora's clinic appointment, we took she and the boys down to Santa Monica to walk around, hoping to induce labor, but no luck.  Tomorrow afternoon Lindora has another checkup at the hospital.  I plan to spend the morning at Trader Joe's- yay!  And then I hope to Skype with my book club tomorrow evening.  How did anyone ever do all of this without modern technology?  Until tomorrow....

1 comment:

  1. I cannot tell you the joy that I am getting out of reading your blog...I can feel the happiness in you...I have prayed long and hard about this and I am so happy that you are able to see the reason's that things have happened the way they have. You and Jeff are so blessed to have each other, and what an INCREDIBLY lucky baby...I love you soooo much and am just so happy for you...now let me figure out how to get this on my phone so I can check it during the day!!! Can't wait to hear more tomorrow!!!!! Maybe it'll be the big day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete